AWS System engineer should be proficient in infrastructure administration/management and end-to-end application development life cycle on popular cloud platforms. This role develops infrastructure as code & applications, manages deployment, monitors and provides operational support.
- Proficient in AWS Web Services (EC2, S3, CFN, RDS, Lambda, cloudwatch, SES, VPC, Subnet, KMS etc).
- Expertise in Linux and Windows OS administration and understanding of OS management at infra layer.
- Deployment of infrastructure to all application environments and configuration activities.
- Monitoring and providing operational support for the platforms.
- Good understanding of Cloudformation and Ansible to develop infrastructure in IAC methodology.
- Build software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications.
- Measure and optimize system performance including server and client.
- Configure, tune and troubleshoot systems to achieve optimal application performance and stability.
- Analyze and resolve large, complex, high impact production problems.
- Owning the platform and drive improvements to our existing code-base, architecture, tools, and processes,
- Managing development tools such as GIT, Bamboo, Jira & Confluence, Jumpboxes, etc..
- Following Security restrictions & processes and change management processes
- Access & manage production infrastructure and make necessary changes
- Take design decisions & change decision according to the requirements on the infrastructure
- Analyze infrastructure requirement and decide on the solution
- Decide on which cloud services & technologies to be used in the solution
- Experience with cloud services – AWS
- Experience with Java and/or Scala programing languages.
- Experience with virtualization, provisioning and configuration management tools and technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker.
- Experience with Linux as a power user or administrator with shell scripting skills
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Experience with production deployment, monitoring and operational support; expert with devops tools and processes.
- Willingness to learn & work in all three areas: agile software development environment, infrastructure/network, cloud technologies.
Shift time : 01:30PM to 10:30PM IST (EU Support timings)